We can help right from the start
ShedCraft can offer our many years of experience for your project
The first step is selecting the best shed for your backyard. Your shed will last many years and involve significant expense so it is worth thinking about all the possibilities to make the best decision. We can share our knowledge and walk you through our displays.
You may be surprised what we can do in small spaces or corner. We even have trapezoid shaped sheds.
There are so many options that you can put in your shed … extra wall height, windows, skylights, bike hanging bars, shelves, insulation, steel frames, heavy duty corrugated sheet.
It is best to decide the additional features you want at the very start as they can get more expensive if added after the initial installation. The types and position of doors, door access widths x heights etc. are crucial to ensure your shed is a success.
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs and answers regarding your garden shed installation
- Consider how the water will run off the roof of the shed and where it will flow. Skillion roof design directs the water to one side of the shed which maybe advantage to collect with plumbing or to simply fall into your garden. It is important to have a thorough drainage plan to ensure water is not causing a problem for you or your neighbours.
- Is your site flat and level? If not it will require some site preparation. This can be quoted when we make a site visit.
- In Victoria sheds greater than 10 square meters generally require a building permit. We can assist with this. In NSW and SA sheds more than 25 square meters may require a building permit. Please discuss with our local teams.
- We require access to your site to deliver materials and possibly concrete. It is worth noting width or height restrictions and distance from the roadway to your site at the quoting stage so we can include the correct labor and equipment.
- Sheds can be built close to your boundary (150mm) or over 1.0m from your boundary but not in-between these measurements. There are other limitations regarding height and position in relation to front of property and easements. It is best to collect all information (titles, planned layout, shed size) and discuss with our building surveyor who can advise what is allowable. Special dispensation and consent can be requested to build on easements and boundaries.
- All of our steel products have paint systems formulated specifically for the harsh Australian conditions. Beware of cheaper products especially those supplied in boxes which may have paint systems not suitable for Australia.
- Think of what you may do in the future. It’s best to consider additional features in the beginning before installation.
There are so many possibilities with a ShedCraft shed because we know not one shed fits all. We encourage you to bring your ideas and proposed usage of your shed. We will then work on getting the best solution for you. Send us sketches or photos of your area with your ideas and we can help design the best option for you and your property.
ShedCraft has been selling sheds in Sydney and Melbourne for over 25 years.
We proudly sell SteelChief brand sheds.